The purpose of a digital commerce platform is to provide a memorable customer experience. There are so many criteria to assess and choose a specific platform that can cater to your business requirements. This eBook has picked the top 5 criteria to compare Magento and Shopify to help you decide.
- Magento vs Shopify - Engaging Customer Experience
- Magento vs Shopify - Customization and Flexibility
- Magento vs Shopify - Hosting
- Magento vs Shopify - Numbers
- Magento vs Shopify - Future Growth
Preview the first 3 chapters of the book
The purpose of a digital commerce platform is to deliver a memorable customer experience. Choosing the right platform can significantly transform your business both the online and online market.
It can help streamline your operational efficiency and create new growth opportunities. Every eCommerce platform has its own pros and cons. Here’s an honest comparison between Magento and Shopify highlighting the factors that differentiates Magento as an eCommerce platform.
In today’s marketplace, consumers have gone beyond buying products as they expect an engaging shopping experience. The eCommerce platform you choose should be flexible enough to cater to the experiential demands of the customer and deliver innovative interactions. Let’s check which of the two eCommerce platforms, Magento and Shopify, are suitable for engaging customer experience. We have picked the top 5 criteria as given below:
Engaging Customer Experience
- Drag-and-drop page builder, Content Staging and Preview to create unique brand experiences.
- 5000+ add-on extensions available in Magento Marketplace for managing payment, shipping and more.
- Magento allows you to sell configurable, complex products. Buy online and pick up in-store and pre-ordering are other options available to enhance customer interaction.
- Standardized, structured templates with some customization options.
- 2400+ add-ons on Shopify means it needs some more time to catch up with Magento Marketplace.
- The checkout process is simple and there are more options required for innovation in customer interaction.
Customization and Flexibility
- Magento allows you to fully customize your checkout experience/shopping cart.
- 100% customization capabilities of Magento mean businesses can deliver the exact unique experiences their customers demand while differentiating their brands, with a completely exible feature set and storefronts.
- Magento integrates with all existing applications (e.g. CRM, CMS) and systems (e.g. ERP, PIM, AMS). As your business grows, you will need additional 3rd Party systems to support the growth. Magento offers scalability to handle complex integrations.
- Shopify has some templates and APIs and so there is a nite set of functionality that merchants can change. New functionality development specific to brands can be done in Shopify Plus for which the min revenue requirement is above $50 million.
- Credit card and checkout pages customization capabilities include settings provisions and templates but more features are yet to be introduced in the basic plan.
- Integration with other systems can be done through Shopify API.
Check out our eBook
For retailers looking forward to building their eCommerce presence but confused in choosing between Magento and Shopify, this eBook is the right place to start. We have compared both the platforms based on factors like cost, flexibility, customization, customer experience and more.Download