Magento is on an innovation spree. The widely-used CMS platform is evolving at an even faster pace ever since its acquisition by Adobe.
Magento has now partnered as a Premium Technology Partner with Akeneo, the Product Information Management solution provider for B2B and B2C eCommerce segments.
This collaboration was announced at ‘MagentoLive Europe’ in Barcelona on October 9th, 2018. Akeneo will be offering its open source and cloud versions of its PIM solution as integration with Magento.
Akeneo – The much-needed strength for Magento’s eCommerce management prowess
Immediately after Magento reinforced itself with capabilities to support B2B eCommerce, product information management became a mandatory built-in provision as B2B merchants often deal with clutter and chaos in product data.
Magento has realized this gap and partnered with Akeneo to enable merchants to handle growing volumes of product information across different sales channels.
What’s in it for eCommerce brands
– Establish a 360-degree control over product data spread across several sales channels from a single interface using Akeneo.
– For brands that are considering omnichannel adoption, Akeneo will prove to be a hub that governs the content creation, dissemination, and management of high-quality data across multiple sales channels.
– Tasks like managing category classification, product families, attributes, product types, variant-specific information, multimedia contents and more can be done within Akeneo and synced to Magento.
– Apart from faster product launch time, accuracy in product information help brands increase conversions and improve significantly on localization by refreshing contents across any number of channels and languages.
– Sync product data across Magento store’s backend, ERP, 3rd party order management and content management systems.
– Launch products in less time by devising clear workflows for product creation and approval involving several departments like designers, engineers, fulfillment executives etc.
– Push new updates and launches across all digital sales channels at once.
Other major Magento updates you must know
Magento with Adobe Experience Cloud:
Retailers can buy Magento and the Adobe Experience Cloud together in one package.
Magento Commerce 2.3:
At MagentoLive Europe in Barcelona, Adobe has announced the latest version of Magento’s cloud offering, Magento Commerce 2.3. The updates include Amazon and Google integration. Merchants can sync Magento store with Amazon. Magento stores can now integrate product catalogs with Google Merchant Center and advertising channels for Google Shopping campaigns.
Adobe, the parent company of Magento has bought Marketo for $4.75 Billion. Marketo’s acquisition has changed Adobe’s Marketing Cloud’s direction a bit. Adobe can now venture into B2B marketing automation and strengthen its existing position in B2C marketing.
The road ahead for Magento
By adding PIM firepower to its platform, Magento has now reduced the dependency for merchants on 3rd-party systems. On the other hand, Adobe’s acquisition and new clusters of mixing Adobe Experience Cloud with Magento’s eCommerce capabilities are clearly shaping up the platform into a diverse yet self-sufficient eCommerce ecosystem.