Where do 43 percent of your visitors go immediately after reaching your online store? The answer is your ‘Search Box.’ Site Search can produce 1.8x more conversions.
SEO efforts and paid marketing campaigns can bring in traffic to your website. However, your site’s search experience is the starting point that determines how effectively you are going to leverage it. Here’s a statistic that confirms the same.
84% of customers wanted to find a solution by themselves using search engines and 30% of users use a website’s search if it is available.
If you are an eCommerce store operating on Oracle and believe that’s room for improvement for your on-site search, this blog can help.
We’ll be looking at eCommerce search platform Oracle Endeca, its key features, how it works and how merchants can leverage it to smartly merchandise products.
What is Oracle Endeca Commerce?
Oracle Endeca Commerce is an eCommerce search engine that is renowned to provide personalized search experience and is a pioneer of the faceted search feature that helps users to find the exact product they are looking for. It’s designed to empower retailers to deliver a superior selling experience that will drive more clicks and conversions.
Free eBook: Magento Commerce Vs Oracle Commerce Comparison
Oracle Endeca Commerce Features
- The Endeca Search engine has Integrated SEO, search and guided navigation capabilities
- Scalable multi-site architecture
- Oracle Endeca Commerce supports 36+ languages
- Data modeling or the logical organization of data is made simple
- The search engine’s design is optimized for agile data discovery across disparate and uneven data sources
- MDEX Engine – High performing stateless search engine
Is Now The Right Time To Migrate Away From Oracle Commerce?
Oracle Endeca Commerce Benefits
- With Endeca User segments, personalized search experiences that are tailored specifically to an individual’s interests based on recent actions, the behavioral profile can be implemented.
- Ability to deliver content based promotion, by triggering rules against the content presented. Content can be anything from products to third-party documents based on what is present in the search index
- SEO and guided navigation capabilities make it easy for customers to find the site and what they are looking for
- The scalable architecture helps in leveraging content and data from any source and not limited to the product catalog
Oracle Endeca Commerce Search Engine Price
|Endeca Search||License Price||Software Update and License Support||Licensing Metric|
|Endeca Guided Search||150,000||33,000||500,000 Queries per day|
|Endeca Experience Manager||100,000||22,000||250,000 Requests per day|
Oracle Endeca Commerce Search Functionality – How it works
Oracle Endeca Commerce has three basic components:
- Endeca Information Transformation Layer (ITL) – Interprets source data and converts it into a set of Oracle Endeca MDEX Engine indices. This involves the content acquisition, forge and Dgidx processes and the end result is an Endeca index which possesses enriched source data with enhanced Search & Guided Navigation capabilities.
- Endeca MDEX Engine – Consists of the Indexer (Dgidx), the Dgraph, and the Agraph. The MDEX Engine stores the indices generated by the Dgidx indexing program of the Endeca Information Transformation Layer. It is comprised of proprietary data structures and algorithms that allow it to provide real-time responses to user queries.
- Endeca Application Tier – The front end application from which the MDEX engine receives search requests to be processed by it.
Here is how the Oracle Endeca search engine Architecture looks from within:
Oracle Endeca Search Plus Merchandising: Searchandising
Oracle Endeca Experience Manager empowers business users with complete control over merchandising with its ability to target customers based on the search terms or refinements they have selected. Business users create web pages, layouts & rules similar to a web content management system, configure data to be presented on the pages based on search terms, navigation state (refinements selected), thereby promoting content based on customer behavior on the site. With Oracle Endeca Experience Manager, a business user can:
- Automate merchandising by using global rules without the need to look out for customer path or engage IT
- Manually place merchandising and promotions for higher-value opportunities
- Create landing pages for category and sub-categories with promotions highlighting the corresponding category
- Govern presentation of page layout, search results and decide how cross-channel content must be placed
- Endeca search interface can define contextual recommendations, based on customer selections
- Modify experiences on content shown on various devices and platforms
Selecting an alternative eCommerce platform to Oracle Commerce
Whether you own a B2B or B2C business, Oracle Endeca Commerce can make a remarkable change in your online presence and on-site search, empowering your customers to quickly discover the content, engage them with guided navigation and enable personalized experience with targeted promotions and recommendations.
If you are an Oracle Commerce user looking for an alternative eCommerce platform to migrate to, check out our blog that can help in your decision making process.