Today’s episode features Angie Arlia, Ziffity’s Retail eCommerce specialist, North America. Angie serves as a consulting expert for retailers across several industries to determine their short-term and long-term goals to achieve the topline vision behind their digital transformation initiatives.
In this video podcast, Angie will be discussing a 5-step framework for businesses to create a successful digital transformation plan and ideas on technologies that can fuel the process.
Video Podcast Transcript
Topic : Digital Transformation for Retailers and Distributors
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital Transformation is the use of the latest technologies that help you better your customer experience and business processes to align with the new-age digital economy.
That, in essence, is what digital transformation is.
So, how should one go about a digital transformation project? Ziffity has a framework for this.. It’s not just thinking about replacing a software or a system.
- It starts with a strategic objective, where the leadership team consisting of the board members, CEO, and the management is committed to this project in reimagining your business process and service delivery for digital transformation.
- Second is – getting your operational team onboard aligning to the Digital Transformation goals. i) What is in for them? ii) What are you transforming to? – All of them need to be aligned to this project.
- Third is – defining the short term, medium term and the long term goal.
- Fourth is – eliminating the bias and trying to find the best solution partner—the one who has deep expertise in digital transformation.
Typically, for the retail and distribution industry, the following are the systems that need to be considered for digital transformation.
- One is the ERP / WMS – trying to see if you can move from a legacy to a modern ERP, a modern architecture that helps you with better integration and flexibility.
- Centralizing your customer and product data.
- Better customer experience using new age eCommerce and content management platforms.
- Agile sales and support – which includes CRM and customer support system.
- Omnichannel marketing automation – which is, trying to have a consistent message across all channels.
- Robust Cloud infrastructure along with data security.
- Deep data analytics.
- And finally, powering the entire ecosystem using AI and Machine Learning data models.
Ziffity, being an Adobe Silver partner, works with Adobe closely on Digital Transformation and here are some of Adobe’s products which can help you through this journey:
On the customer experience side, you have:
- Personalization products
On the creative marketing side you have:
- Marketo Engage
- Customer Journey
- Advertising Cloud
On the commerce side, you have:
- Magento Commerce
- Adobe Sensei – which is the AI tool
- OMS – Order Management system
- PIM – Product information management
On the Analytics side, you have:
- Magento BI – Business Intelligence
- the Audience Manager
That, in essence, is the framework for a digital transformation project.