Migrating from Magento 1 to 2 is more than a mere technical must-do. Keeping aside the fact that the end of support for Magento 1.x is nearing, which might result in PCI compliance violation and agency bottleneck (if delay migration plans further), knowing the benefits of Magento 2.x can help you move with more confidence. Here is a list of some of the major benefits of migrating to Magento 2.
Conversion Matters – ROI-centric Benefits of Migrating from Magento 1 to 2
– Magento 2’s checkout is 38% faster than Magento 1. The simplified checkout experience and improved loading speed enable users to checkout in a flash, decreasing cart abandonment by a significant margin.
– Magento 2 can handle 117% more orders per hour than Magento 1. Be it a flash sale or holiday season rush, Magento 2 can simultaneously process 1000s of orders resulting in more ROI.
– 2.1 million more page views per hour – Powered by Elasticsearch and with more scalability in accommodating page views, Magento 2 can enable a zippy search and loading experience allowing users to search for multiple products and surf pages which ultimately catapults conversions.
– Responsiveness and mobile-friendliness ensure consistency in the shopping experience irrespective of the devices used improving conversions on mobile.
– SEO-friendly – Catalog pages have rich snippets that fetch and showcase crucial data like user reviews, ratings, product descriptions to improve search engine page rankings. Options to optimize product images, eliminate duplicate pages and built-in blog page for your eCommerce store add to the SEO-friendliness of the platform.
Advanced Tech Stack – Technical Benefits of Migrating from Magento 1 to 2
-Magento 2 supports advanced technology stack making it the go-to version for eCommerce stores to stay futureproof.
-Magento supports the recent PHP versions and Zend Framework (Zend Framework 2 Components have been upgraded to Active/LTS versions.). The latest version, Magento 2.3.3, supports PHP 7.3.x (tested with PHP 7.3.8) and PHP 7.2.x (tested with 7.2.21).
-Including Oracle and MySQL, Magento 2 supports a few other databases.
-Elastic Search, the secret behind a quick search experience, and Varnish Cache (6.2.0), the temporary cache techniques that speed up HTTP request responses are built-in technologies in Magento 2.
-Magento Commerce Cloud provides advanced performance enhancement tools that boost speed and deliver scalability to handle peak loads.
Extensive Features – Native Support and Built-in Advantages of Magento 1 to 2 Migration
-More native features – Magento 2 provides native support and in-built features which means, less configuration and third-party plugins are required. This provides the platform with better stability.
-Compatibility – Magento 2 is compatible with HTML5 , CSS3, MySQL, JQuery, PHP 5.6+ to PHP 7.3x.
-Third-party systems – The platform also holds built-in support for Amazon marketplace integration, Google Shopping ads Channel and other third-party extensions like Dotdigital, Yotpo, Amazon Pay, etc.
-Built-in features – B2B Module (Magento Commerce), Page Builder (Magento Commerce), Multi-Source Inventory, PWA Studio 4.0.0, GraphQL, Google ReCaptcha
-The new internal APIs (support for both REST and SOAP) makes it easy to build and manage mobile apps. Both web and mobile applications can be managed through Magento 2’s admin console.
-Magento 2 developers have also worked on making it easy for integrating management systems like inventory management, order management, LMS, ERP, Accounting, and CRM.
Intelligence – Analytical Advantages of Migrating from Magento 1 to 2
Magento 2 provides a holistic view of sales, orders, and also users’ search information. Business owners can also have visual cues of statistics and live updates on figures like ‘Lifetime Sales,’ ‘Average Order Amount,’ ‘Last Orders,’ ‘Top Search Terms,’ ‘Most Viewed Products,’ and ‘New Customers.’
That sums up some of the major benefits of migrating from Magento 1 to 2. Magento 2.x is a 360-degree upgrade that proves advantageous for business owners, development team, and also end-users. Leveraging these upgrades could improve your store’s performance, user experience, and, ultimately, your ROI significantly, giving you the edge to outrun your competitors.
If you are planning to migrate from Magento 1 to 2, the time is now. As a Magento Solution partner, Ziffity can help plan your move. Talk to our experts for a free consultation.