DevOps Managed Services is a great option for organizations looking to accelerate their DevOps and cloud transformation journey. As an experienced Managed Service Provider (MSP), Ziffity can ensure your software delivery foundation is managed centrally by leveraging cloud infrastructure.
Why Partner with a Managed Service Provider (MSP)?
Building and maintaining a cloud operations team can be challenging. It involves:
- A change in mindset to new way of working
- New skill sets that can be hard to find
- Monetary risk if not implemented correctly
Our DevOps experts have successfully architected and implemented DevOps processes for many years. Our fully-managed DevOps services are designed to help you architect, implement, maintain and optimize DevOps processes and practices in order to drive your business goals.
Our DevOps Managed Services
Our service offerings are tailored to your unique requirements. We have structured our services so that we can help you at any stage of the DevOps implementation process.
DevOps Assessment & Strategy
Our DevOps team will assess your current infrastructure and resource capabilities. Once completed, they will submit recommendations and a roadmap, which includes Continuous Integration best practices, a strategy for version control management, Continuous Delivery pipelines, and quality control automation which will align with your business goals.
Our DevOps experts will automate all Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes which are used repetitively, thereby enabling your team to build and deploy your applications quickly. We can automate any process at any time of the software development life cycle.
An application outage of even just few seconds can have huge repercussions on your business. Our DevOps experts can maintain and manage your operations and infrastructure, ensuring 0% down time.
Monitoring and Support
Our DevOps team will diligently monitor your applications, troubleshoot and remediate issues in your CI/CD pipelines and build and deployment processes. You don’t need to worry about your application at any stage, from development, delivery to deployment.
We offer two services to manage your projects. We can take it over completely, or provide a dedicated project manager to guide your team. Our services are tailored to your needs.
Infrastructure As Code
Ziffity’s DevOps team will build and manage infrastructure for the CI/CD pipeline using code so your DevOps process can be managed easily. This ensures the effective reproduction and tracking of changes.
What will I get from DevOps
Holistic Managed Service
We follow a holistic approach to our Managed DevOps Services. This allows our team to be available to you at any phase of the Software Development Cycle, and allows us to help you achieve your business goals.
We help you confidently deliver new applications and frequent updates to existing ones, while minimizing bugs and issues. Our CI/CD automation enables your team to build and deploy applications quickly.
Continuous innovation is made possible through the automation of repeated processes and utilization of agile and DevOps best practices. Our iterative approach also drives continuous improvements to your DevOps processes.
We incorporate security throughout DevSecOps, beginning at the initial stages of the software development. This approach reduces risks and results in a better customer experience.
- Cloud Service
- Continuous Integrations
- Code Management
- Configuration Management
what our Clients say
"In a short period of time since launch, we have had a hockey stick level of growth. Hats off to team Ziffity for a job well done."
"I have been working with Ziffity for about 4 months now and we have already corrected all our issues on the existing platform. Ziffity has been nothing short of excellent."
"I have been very pleased with the team taking a very active approach to the work and are constantly making recommendations of their own for improvements."
Frequently asked questions
DevOps is the combination of Development and Operations practices in IT software development. It originated in the mid-2000 among IT professionals looking for ways to efficiently, innovatively, automate, and speed up the process of software development and delivery.
The developers’ team performs the software development, which involves writing the code, implementing, testing, and re-writing the code where required. The operations team works on providing the infrastructure to run the software. They work on determining the processing power required for the software, how to make the software secure, how to run the software efficiently and without any interruptions. DevOps help to make these teams work in tandem with each other.
The benefits of DevOps are as follows:
Technical benefits of DevOps
- Continuous software delivery
- Faster time to deploy
- Fosters innovation
- Less complex problems to manage
- Early detection and faster correction of bugs
Business benefits of DevOps
- Faster delivery of features
- Stable operating environments
- Lower failure rate of releases
- Improved communication and collaboration between the teams
- Efficient cost management
DevOps brings about a holistic approach to software development. Here the development and operations teams are not siloed. It uses a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers, operations, testers, and support personnel. Before starting on any project the team plans the entire software development cycle from design to delivery. The process is as follows:
Plan (Operations team)
- The operations team organizes the tasks and schedule
- The project manager sets up the necessary infrastructure management tools
Code (Developers and Sys Admins)
- The developers write the code
- Use source code management tools to review the code
- System administrators merge individual or siloed codes into one master code
Build (Software Engineers/ Architect)
- Build the application and source code in the required format
- Once the engineering team builds the source code, use CI/CD tools to verify code
- Test the application in test environment to ensure there are no bugs
- This will be part of the workflow to ensure high quality
- Implement packaging tools (software repository tools) to coincide with business requirements and goals
- Validate the package and best practices
- Import packaging into a deployment tool
- Manage code and feature changes
- Approval of software releases
- Release application for the larger audience
- Continuous monitoring of the application performance
- Monitor logs
- Maintain incident reports
The cost benefits of DevOps are as follows:
- With the reduced development time, the usage of infrastructure is reduced, leading to reduced costs.
- The continuous delivery model improves productivity with less staff, thereby reducing the expenditure on hiring personnel.
DevOps can be used in any industry that needs software delivery and releases. This includes almost all industries nowadays, as organizations use multiple applications for their various operations.
DevOps improve the application security in the following ways:
- Due to continuous communication between teams, DevOps maximizes the visibility in the software life cycle. This helps teams to spot flaws and bugs before moving to production.
- DevOps fosters task automation in the development environment, which improves consistency, quality and predictability. This reduces human errors, which are consistent in a manual process.
- Due to the faster development cycle, there is also faster debugging of the application. That is continuous development.
- By using standardized frameworks and automation tools, teams can adopt any safer and reliable tool for each stage of the development process. This prevents lock-in with outdated tools and frameworks.
- DevOps favors the use of microservices and containers for the development cycle. This helps in isolating and securing applications from external attacks.
DevOps is a team consisting of developers and Operation or support personnel. When you bring in your software Security team as part of the software development cycle, then the cross-functional team consisting of all three departments is called DevSecOps.
This practice tries to automate core security functions. These security functions and processes can be incorporated at the start of the development cycle than at the end.
CI/CD stands for Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment. Developers tend to work isolated and hence need to integrate their code with the remainder of the team’s codebase. While working manually, it will take days or weeks to merge the changes with the master code. This will result in merge conflicts, take time to debug, and create duplicated efforts. CI/CD automates and validates the build and testing process when a team member makes changes to a code, ensuring it is correct and stable.
Microservices are the method of breaking down an application into small components or packages. These packages will contain a single function module with defined operations and interfaces. This method helps in identifying and isolating bugs and errors. Also, it will be easy to update specific functionalities or packages instead of the entire application
Containers are a form of operating system virtualization that is formed between the application and the actual infrastructure used. A single container can be used to run a microservice or the entire application. It will contain all the necessary executables, libraries, codes and configuration files to run the application. Containers are lightweight and portable, which makes them easy to move between environments.