Last year’s Magento Imagine was awesome. It was our first Magento Imagine experience as sponsors. We got to meet a lot of inspiring professionals and took part in valuable discussions with brands. This year, we planned to play it bigger – as Gold Sponsors of the event.
We met incredible business professionals and had meaningful conversations with them in between sessions and keynotes.
Here are some of the technological updates announced in the event.
Magento Roadmap Announcements
Since the official launch of Adobe Commerce Cloud at Adobe Summit 2019, expectations on new tools and feature enhancements to be rolled out by Magento is on a high. Here’s the actual list of upcoming features that made into Imagine 2019.
PWA Studio is live.
Using PWA Studio is now a much simpler task. Just running a single npm (Node Package Manager) command can get you started. For enabling payments, PWA Studio now integrates with Braintree. Most of the PWA implementation solution partners set up a development environment for Venia Storefront using Buildpack tools and Peregrine components.
Magento launched Page Builder that helps merchants create richer shopping experience without needing front-end developer’s support. With Page Builder, you can simply drag-and-drop contents, experiment with flexible content layouts, create or modify content types (images/videos/banners), quickly add products to content pages and improvize product detail pages.
Hire Magento Developers for USD 35 Per Hour
Adobe Sensei and Magento Commerce
Adobe Sensei is a service that enhances customer experiences through AI and machine learning. It is already powering various Adobe products like Adobe Stock and Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Sensei for Magento Commerce offers AI-driven product recommendations based on customer behavior. It enhances personalization capabilities which in turn increases conversions.
Google Shopping Ads Channel
Magento released Google Shopping ads Channel, the end-to-end advertising solutions for Magento customers to connect Google Merchant Centre and Google Ads with their Magento store. From Magento admin dashboard, Google Merchant center account can be created and from then on, verifying the store site, setting up shipping rules and tax rules can be done. Thus, using Magento admin dashboard to manage Google advertising saves time and money.
Magento merchants can create Google Smart Shopping campaigns, maintain all advertising functions and optimize ad spends across the Google network, right from their Magento admin dashboard. Google Smart Shopping requires just your daily budget and the rest of the tasks like choosing the product, bid, target customers and ad creative selection, are all done by Google’s machine learning.
Google Shopping ads Channel is available as a free extension in Magento Marketplace for Magento Commerce and (later) Magento Open Source 2.2.4 customers.
Amazon Sales Channel
Alongside Google Shopping Ads Channel release, Magento released Amazon Sales Channel. With this extension, Magento merchants can perform all their Amazon marketplace activities using Amazon Sales Channel. They can quickly integrate the product catalog, allow bidirectional dataflow and manage product listings on Amazon directly from Magento admin dashboard. Further, they can sync Amazon’s product data into Magento catalog and inventory.
Magento merchants can automate pricing rules to adjust with Amazon Buy Box’s price or lowest competitor pricing to increase the chance of making a sale. Merchants can automate product listings and sync product catalog with Amazon Marketplace. Inventory updates made directly in the Magento database automatically reflects in Amazon Marketplace to ensure accurate accounting.
Multiple Amazon accounts and different marketplace regions can be managed easily from a centralized dashboard. Store owners can use different fulfillment methods like merchant-fulfilled or Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Amazon orders can also be managed from the Magento admin dashboard and customer communication is handled seamlessly.
Amazon Sales Channel also provides B2B pricing functionality with which quantity-based discounts can be offered to Amazon business customers. Amazon Sales Channel is a downloadable extension in the Magento marketplace for Magento Commerce customers and Magento Open Source (2.2.4 and later) customers.
Omnichannel Order Management
Modern buyers prefer ordering online and buying in store. To adapt to this trend, omnichannel order management tool has been announced. With this tool, merchants can provide ‘buy online pick up in store’ option to their shoppers.
Adobe Experience Platform Extension
Adobe Experience Platform Extension integrates Adobe Analytics with Magento eCommerce. Brands can use this extension to transfer data generated by Adobe Analytics into their eCommerce platform.
Highlights of Sessions and Keynotes:
- Day 1 started with a General Session by Philip Jackson, eCommerce Evangelist at Something Digital. He is one of the first Magento Masters Qualified Alumni and was the Master of Ceremonies last year too. He talked about growth opportunities in Magento.
- Gary Specter, VP Commerce Sales, mentioned that the Magento community is the most engaged in the world and Adobe will be behind Magento’s vision of evolving and expanding the customer experience.
- Gloria Chen, SVP Strategy & Growth, spoke about experience-driven commerce and how Adobe is committed to nurturing Magento’s strengths.
- Rob Giglio, SVP, GTM & Sales, Adobe, briefed the company’s close relationship and interactions with its customers.
- Jason Woolsey, VP, Commerce Platform & Product, explained on how real-time insights can help merchants improve their business model and make it more customer-centric. He mentioned about Adobe Sensei and Adobe experience platform extension among others.
- Day 2 started with a general session by Steve Krebsbach, Sr. Director, Global Cloud Operations. He talked about the two-tier architecture rolling out this year and the introduction of Magento’s Native Cloud Services in 2020.
- Jenny Cheng, VP of global professionals services, PayPal, addressed the gathering. She mentioned their company’s commitment to seamless checkout experiences and announced that PayPal will soon be enabling Instagram shopping and smart payment buttons (Magento 2.3.1 release).
- Gillian Campbell, Head of omnichannel enablement at HP narrated how HP is adapting to changing digital technologies and shared her commerce lessons.
- Aubrey Bergauer, Executive Director, California Symphony, focused on customer loyalty and how their company has increased its customer base through retention.
- The evening session began with the Excellence and Commerce Ace Awards followed by the much-awaited session by Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia & Chairman, VaynerX.
- Gary Vaynerchuk was the show stealer. His energetic talk centered on how to approach marketing, what to expect from it. He stressed the importance of organic marketing, podcasts and insisted on how video content reaches a wide audience in a short time.