Adobe Commerce’s (Magento) latest version, 2.4.5 has been released. As an eCommerce store operating on Magento, here are the major platform improvements, performance enhancements, and security upgrades your store can benefit from.
As per Adobe’s official release notes, the successive version of Magento 2.4.4 includes 290 quality fixes and enhancements.
Magento 2.4.5 New Features and Highlights
Magento version 2.4.5 includes a total of 20 security fixes. The security improvements aim to make the platform compliant with the latest security best practices. Here are the most important security features you need to know:
- ACL (Access-control list) resources added to the industry
- reCAPTCHA support for features like Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms
- Enhanced security for inventory template
- The MaliciousCode filter upgraded to use the HtmlPurifier library
- Support for Composer 2.2
- Support for TincMCE 5.10.2
- Support for jQuery 1.13.1
- Outdated JS libraries have been upgraded to the latest versions
- Outdated dependencies removed
- DHL Integration schema updated to v6.2
GraphQL performance improvements
The GraphQL improvements are aimed at providing a faster build experience for developers. Major GraphQL updates in Magento 2.4.5 includes:
- Merchants can disable session cookies for GraphQL operations. Magento also recommends the use of tokens for authorizing GraphQL requests.
- Session cookies will be launched in GraphQL only when required to improve performance
- Expiration date or time can be set for GraphQL authorization tokens using JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Faster rebuild of the unified storefront GraphQL schema on deployment to provide an advantage for developers.
- If the GraphQL schema is rebuilt, shoppers will experience a faster loading speed.
- Session usage removed from HTTP header processors
Payment upgrades in Magento 2.4.5
Apple Pay payment gateway is now available for all merchants. Shoppers using this payment service need not provide their credit or debit card details. Apple Pay is featured on the following pages – product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout workflow.
The PayPal Pay Later option is now available for merchants in Spain and Italy.
Administrators can now preview the buttons for ‘PayPal’, ‘PayPal Credit’, and ‘PayPal Pay Later’ payment options on checkout, mini-cart, cart, and product pages. Using this, merchants can preview how the buttons will look for customers at the front end.
The KOUNT fraud protection integration is no longer available. Administrators will now get the Always request 3DS option.
- Compatibility of Page Builder v.1.7.2 with Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- Page Builder column layout enhancements – Columns show up in the storefront, enabling them to control column settings.
- Column resizing now supports wrapping
PWA Studio updates in Magento 2.4.5
- PWA Studio v.12.5.x is compatible with Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- PWA Studio storefront now collects behavior data of shoppers for merchants to get insights through analytics. Merchants access these services through subscriptions.
- Administrators can deploy services from the admin panel
Magento 2.4.5 Official Release Notes
Magento 2.4.5 version release holds a lot of enhancements in terms of performance, platform, payments, and more. For more details on the Magento 2.4.5 version, check out the official release notes.
If you are looking to upgrade your store to Magento 2.4.5, our Magento development services team can help. We can help you plan your version upgrade roadmap.