Magento 2.4.4, the successive version to 2.4.3 is out now. Check out what’s new in Magento 2.4.4 and improvements in scalability, security and performance from our latest blog.
If you want to know more about version 2.4.3, read on.
What is Magento 2.4.3?
Magento 2.4.3 is the latest version released from Magento. The version includes 370+ new fixes to core code and 33 security enhancements, improvements in platform, performance, and security.
Let’s have a look at the most important features that every eCommerce brand operating on Magento should know.
Key Magento 2.4.3 features
- 33 Security issues resolved
- Expansion of reCAPTCHA
- Built-in rate limiting
- New composer plugin
- Infrastructure updates
- Support PayPal Pay Later
- Upgraded core composer dependencies
- Upgraded third-party libraries
- Live Search
- GraphQL API expansion
- Magento B2B version 1.3.2
Benefits of Magento 2.4.3
Security and Quality Fixes
All the known issues found in Magento version 2.4.2 have been fixed in this release. Additionally, 33 security fixes or improvements have been made to close Remote Code Execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
In case you cannot upgrade to the latest version immediately, it is recommended to at least install one of the security patch versions:
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.2-p2
- Adobe Commerce 2.3.7-p1
The Adobe commerce 2.4.2-p2 release fixes all the vulnerabilities found in 2.4.2.
With the expansion of reCAPTCHA, your sites are much more secure from spam and bots. This protects stores from carding attacks through brute force mechanisms. reCAPTCHA will be disabled as default for the Place Order storefront page and payment-related web APIs. This can be enabled from the Admin panel.
Built-in rate limiting
Rate limiting is now inbuilt with Magento. Now you can limit network traffic by capping the repeat actions within a time frame. This reduces malicious bot activity and protects your site from DDoS attacks.
New composer plugin
With the Magento 2.4.3 release, Adobe is including a new composer plugin that performs integrity checks during installation to reduce the vulnerability known as dependency confusion.
Adobe and extension developers use private and public composer package repositories to deliver code for updates or fixes to Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source merchants.
The private composer package repository at repo.magento.com is audited by Adobe for malware and package upload validation. But an unused namespace at the public repository at packagist.org can be used to upload malicious packages, which in turn can be passed on to the merchant’s Commerce instances. To avoid dependency confusion it is best to
- Use the plugin while testing any extension’s installation flow
- Verify that the namespace on packagist.org is owned by you
The release enhances the following functional areas and the quality of the framework
- Customer Account
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
PayPal Pay Later support
The feature is now supported in deployments that include PayPal. It gives the shoppers the option of paying for items in a bi-weekly installment instead of paying the full value at the time of purchase.
Magento 2.4.3 is not compatible with PHP 8.x yet, but the platform updates will take it one step further to reaching that goal. With this in mind, the Core Composer dependencies and third-party libraries will be upgraded to make it compatible with PHP 8.x.
Powered by Adobe Sensei, Live Search provides an enhanced search experience by using Artificial Intelligence and Machine-learning algorithms. With Live Search you get:
- Rich search experience – Help shoppers find what they want with as little effort as possible.
- AI-powered tools – Increase conversion by leveraging Adobe Sensei and improve overtime with commerce data
- Lower TCO – Reduce the cost of ownership that drives cost for development of site search solutions
- Flexible framework – Full GraphQL coverage, API sandbox environments, Ultrafast SaaS
GraphQL API expansion
GraphQL support has been added for the following features:
- Shared catalogs
- Wish lists – adds items from specified wishlist to cart
- Gift registries –
- Search by email, type, or ID
- Create, delete or update gift registries
- Update or remove items from a gift registry.
- Move all items from the cart to the gift registry.
- Add, update, or remove registrants from a gift registry.
- Share a gift registry with invitees.
- Negotiable quotes
- Shared routes
Magento B2B Version 1.3.2
The latest version of Magento B2B is released along with Magento 2.4.3 with the following features added
- Successfully sends emails on soon-to-expire and expired negotiable quotes.
- Company users can now edit and update customer custom attribute values.
- Administrators with restricted accounts that include only website-level privileges can now create a company that uses a different currency than the website
Magento 2.4.3 Page Builder
With Magento version 2.4.3, Page builder is now available with the Open Source community. Features include
- Dynamic Blocks
- Staging and Preview
- Native integration with commerce exclusive features
Will require an Adobe Commerce license.
Magento 2.4.3 upgrade – How to upgrade from Magento 2.4.2 to 2.4.3?
- Start on 2.4.2.
- Upgrade Magento “composer require magento/product-community-edition=2.4.3 –no-update”
- Run composer update
- Run php bin/magento setup:upgrade && php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- Flush caches
- Set Permission
Magento 2.4.3 requirements
The system requirements for upgrading to Magento 2.4.3 are provided in the table below. This information is an extract from the details mentioned in Magento 2.4.3 release notes. All the software versions mentioned here have been tested at the time of the Magento version’s release. For more information, refer to dev docs.
Get started right away
Considering the feature updates such as live search and security upgrades, it is best to upgrade to Magento 2.4.3. For more information on the release visit: Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 Release Notes
Talk to us if you are looking for certified Magento partners to upgrade your ecommerce store to the latest version.